These are the courses I have recently taught or will soon teach at Carleton College:
- (Spring 2022: Complex Analysis)
- (Winter 2022: Linear Algebra; Introduction to Calculus)
- (Fall 2021: Probability)
- Spring 2021: Introduction to Statistics; Calculus II
- Winter 2021: Multivariable Calculus
- Spring 2020: Introduction to Statistics; Real Analysis I
- Winter 2020: Introduction to Statistics
- Fall 2019: Introduction to Calculus
- Spring 2019: Abstract Algebra I
- Winter 2019: Linear Algebra; Real Analysis I
- Fall 2018: Multivariable Calculus
- Spring 2018: Linear Algebra
- Winter 2018: Calculus II
- Fall 2017: Introduction to Calculus
Here are links to the content for the courses I taught previously at Leiden:
- Fall 2015: Commutative Algebra at Leiden University.
- Fall 2015: Calculus at Leiden University College the Hague (LUC).
- Spring 2015: Math Intermediate at LUC.
- Fall 2014: Calculus at LUC.
- Spring 2014: Commutative Algebra at Leiden.
- Fall 2013: Calculus at LUC.
You can find a collection of comments from student evaluations here.
I also have supervised several undergraduate and Master’s student thesis projects, as well as supervised independent research/readings:
Undergraduate thesis projects:
- 2020: Emma Qin, Will Schwarzer, Peter Sparks, Elizabeth Zhu. Applied Category Theory
- 2020: Peter Keel. Queueing Theory: The M/M/1 Queue
- 2020: Narun Raman. Money Talks: Disincentivizing Lying in Voting
- 2019: Nupur Bindal, Alief Moulana, Tim Schoch, Ned Wang. Measures of Biodiversity (link)
- 2019: Fabio da Silva Soares. Continued Fractions
- 2019: Charlie Kapsiak. De Rham Cohomology
- 2018: Maya Banks, Lynn Daniel, Angel Villa, and Yuhao Wan. Recovering Edge Conductivities in Electrical Networks (link)
- 2018: Aman Panda. The Rationality of Hypoerbolic Discounting
- 2016: Daan van Gent. Graph Isomorphism in Quasi-polynomial Time (pdf)
- 2015: Michiel van den Berge. An algorithm for morphing audio (pdf)
- 2014: Marius Stekelenburg. Ultrafilters and Topology (pdf)
Independent readings and research:
- Winter 2020: Will Fletcher and James Yan. Commutative Algebra
- Fall 2019: Soren DeHaan. Basic Category Theory
- Spring 2019: Henry Chapman. Network Operads
- Fall 2018: Muyang Shi. Discriminant Algebra Operations
Master’s student thesis projects:
- 2016: Marius Stekelenburg (jointly supervised with David Holmes). Closure Data of Étale Schemes (pdf)
- 2016: Raoul Wols. A McCord Functor for Alexandroff Categories (pdf)
- 2016: Mohamed Hashi. Affine Objects, Restrictive Morphisms and Quasi-coherent Sheaves (pdf)
- 2014: Riccardo Ferrario. Galois closures for monogenic degree-4 extensions of rings (pdf)